This is a fascinating interview with author/illustrator Barney Saltzberg about his school visit tour of China.
A Betsy Bird review of The Friendship Doll
A Take5 Marketing Tip from Dianne de las Casas: Testimonials
In this episode you will hear
- my new "high tech" recording studio!
- how a school visit in China is not like a school visit in the US
- how flippant people need to be careful when in China
- how Barney was vetted and talked about in Chinese
- the brilliant idea Barney does that I'm really sad I can't steal
- we debate whether we are funny
- what China really looks like
- how the "drill and kill" culture responded to Beautiful Oops!
- the state of digital books in China
- Barney's true feelings about Maurice Sendak
- Shanghai International Literacy Festival
- how Barney was treated in China
- he difference between an author and an Arthur