Brain Burps About Books Podcast #238
Dave Sanderson: Beyond the Miracle on the Hudson
An Interview with a Hero
- Not sure how to get started with your marketing? Get Your First 1000 Followers is my new LIVE class coming this Fall for those who want that intro to business for writers. Learn how to use an email list, best practices for social media, taking of advantage of video, and how to monetize your website! Click HERE to check it out.
- Do you enjoy our Brain Burps About Books guests? Do you have questions about their interviews? Come join the Brain Burps About Books Facebook Group and interact with them (the week the episode airs)! Click HERE to join.
- Last chance to take advantage of the Early Bird offer for Picture Book Summit! Price goes up $100 on August 16th. Click HERE to register for the October 3rd online event with Peter Brown, Andrea Davis Pinkney, and Mac Barnett.
This week's guest is Dave Sanderson!
This week's guest is Dave Sanderson. Dave is an inspirational survivor, speaker and author. His thoughts on leadership have made him a nationally sought-out speaker.
When US Airways Flight 1549, or “The Miracle on the Hudson,” ditched into the Hudson River on January 15, 2009, Dave Sanderson knew he was exactly where he was supposed to be. The last passenger off the back of the plane on that fateful day, he was largely responsible for the well-being and safety of others, risking his own life in frigid water to help other passengers off the plane.
Despite the hazards to himself, Sanderson thought only of helping others, and emerged from the wreckage with a mission: to encourage others to do the right thing. In this stirring presentation, Sanderson shares the story of Flight 1549, revealing the inner strength it took to make it through the day, and how teamwork, leadership, and state management can help overcome any obstacle.
Dave and I talk about
- Many people who get on a plane are at least a little worried that something will happen. What you need to do, from a survivor?
- Brace for Impact: Miracle on the Hudson Survivors Share Their Stories of Near Death and Hope for New Life.
- His first hand account of his experience aboard US Airways Flight 1549, aka the Miracle on the Hudson.
- What lessons he learned from the Miracle on the Hudson?
- How do you take a potentially tragic experience and turn it into an opportunity to survive and thrive?
- What is PTSG? How does it differ from PTSD?
- The new Miracle on the Hudson documentary produced and directed by Rick Ortiz coming out in January 2016.
- What are the 12 Pillars of Resourcefulness?