Brain Burps About Books Podcast #226
Create Your Author Platform Month Closes with Illustrator Sandy Williams
Illustrators Need Platforms, Too!
I am grateful for
- Tim McCanna and his awesome jingle. The original one, but also the new one he created and edited for me.
- Kellie Johnston, for the lovely thank you note she wrote to me on how I changed her career in three minutes!
- The peeps who have been showing up to my hangouts. Do you have any idea how awks it is to talk to your iMac, alone in your office? No one responding? But if you know there are viewers, especially ones who are entering questions, well, that’s something to be grateful for!
- The peeps who’ve been thanking me for my free training.
- My new students. Not only am I grateful, I’m impressed. You’ve taken a leap of faith in your own career. Nicely done.
- We have a brand spankin' new Facebook group just for YOU, my peeps! Let's take the podcast topics one step further and get down to the nitty gritty. Join here: www.katiedavis.com/podcastgroup
- Free training is only available until Sunday, May 3rd! New Flash Training included: www.katiedavis.com/freetraining
- The tables were turned. I was a guest on the Biz Chix Podcast! Check it out HERE.
- I'm teaching a picture book workshop at Yale this June! Join me during Session 2 HERE.
This Week's Guest is Sandy Williams!
This week’s guest is Sandy Williams. Sandy is an illustrator and was one of my Crank It Up Implementation students this winter. She specializes in natural science illustration and design. Sandy also teaches courses in learning to paint with gouache, the medium she uses most for her illustration and design work.
Sandy and I talk about
- How creating a platform has helped her sell her book.
- How creating a platform has helped her create an email list.
- How Sandy went from flailing to goal setting.
- As a non-techy, how she’s creating her platform using video.
- What would happen if past-Sandy met present-Sandy!